The key findings:
- 91% of teens say they plan to buy a smartphone for their next high-tech device, up from 86% last spring and 90% last fall
- 59% of teens say they are likely to buy an iOS device (unchanged from fall) and 21% are likely to buy an Android device (was 20%)
- Among high-income families, the iOS preference rises to 70%
- 48% of teens already own an iPhone, compared with 40% last fall
- 62% of teens plan on making an iPhone their next mobile device (flat vs. fall 2012)
And more than that - 51% of teens own a tablet of some kind.
What you should be doing with this news:
- Making sure your website and OLB work well and look good on mobile devices
- Figuring out whether there's any benefit to building an app for your FI
- Worrying about mobile payment "game changers", i.e., digital wallets, NFC money trades between business and between phones, etc.
- Working tablets and smartphones into your giveaways that are aimed at youth markets